Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A rip rip here and a rip rip there...

That's what I'll be doing in a little bit.  Ripping out stitches.  Sigh.  Un-sewing is not my favorite thing. 

Last night I put a double length of backing material on the frame then quilted two tops, one right after the other.  The first one I attached to the third roller but the second top I floated.  I don't think I care for that method.  I like the tension having it attached gives me.  Anyway, on the last bobbin that I used for the first top the tension got wonky.  The backing stitches were all loose and looked awful. 

I knew if I stopped to pick it out at that time I would never get the second top finished, so I just kept going and quilted the second top.  Now, I have rolled it back onto itself and loosened the take up roller to get to the section that needs to be taken out.  It won't be a big deal, just a little time consuming.

The furnace guys got here right at 8:00 as promised.  I have to say, I'm quite impressed so far.  This company has done everything it said it would, when it said it would so far.  Very refreshing to find a service company like that these days.

No comments: