Thursday, December 27, 2012

Can I do it?

Do you think I can start and finish a quilt by New Year's Day?  Going to try...  I saw a real cute and simple pattern in a magazine that my sister would like.  Going to try and get it done over the weekend to give to her on her birthday, which happens to be January 1.

It only uses a few different colors, and not much of them at that, all set in a sea of white.  I bought the colors today on my lunch hour and now I'm debating whether or not to use the white as a background or maybe use a dark color because she lets the animals on her bed.  If I do the white, which I know I have plenty of at home, I'll just be sure to tell her it's okay with me if the animals get it dirty.  That's what they invented washing machines for, right?  haha.

I really am going to try and do this, because I would like to give everyone a quilt for their birthday this year.  Since her birthday starts the year off at the top, this is where I need to begin.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Good luck. I hope everything goes smoothly, you have no interruptions, and that you finish it sooner than you planned. Also, I love the way the quilt sounds and hope you will post a picture of it!