Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Crackers

Every now and then I think about things that aren't around anymore.  Now, I know that crackers are still around, specifically saltine crackers, which is what I was thinking of.  However, does anyone remember that they used to come attached to each other, four at a time?  Like a square divided equally.  I don't remember exactly when they switched to being in individual sleeves, but I do remember them coming four together.

Okay, so feel sorry for the people I live and work with that they have to put up with my weirdness...  haha.

2 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Yes, I do remember 4-patch soda crackers. Probably because it was always my job to crush them with a rolling pin (for things like meat loaf). And, yes, I've been thinking about them this week because I made some cracker brittle, and it would have been a lot easier if I could have purchased them connected to each other. (They've also gotten a lot smaller over the years--something I was aware of because it took so many to cover the pan.--Soda crackers are probably the only thing in America that have been downsized instead of super-sized!)

Lynley said...

We still have them I think - the salada crackers that I used for the cracker bark came in fours, and you split them up (or not! I didn't). About four inches a side before splitting.