Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Repairs made

I spent two hours picking out stitches on the one quilt.  Then I requilted the area, carefully!  Two more tops quilted now.  That's six tops quilted.

I prepared another double length of backing fabric for the six inch square tops.  They are the next to go on the machine, tomorrow night.  I didn't get anything on the frame after I took off the other two.  I just did not have the energy and my feet hurt! 

I did put together another top.  One of the nursing home residents is a man and I have a panel with woodland ducks on it.  I made it into the right size and used the printed border from it to frame it all the way around.  Now I just have to put together one more top and all the tops will be done.  I cut some material to do this with, but haven't put it together yet.  It won't take long.  I cut the materials into six and a half inch strips and am going to make it several rows long and then put a border all around.  Easy as pie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am totally impressed with your turnout! Do you also have to work outside the home? I am retired now, but couldn't have kept up that kind of schedule whenI was working. Hats off to all working women. Good luck with getting it all done ,on time ! Micki