Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Tending to other stuff

I've been busy taking care of pre-holiday things these past few days.  That means there hasn't been much time to sew, but that's okay.  I've got all the pieces cut out for steps one and two of Bonnie's mystery, so if I get just a few minutes I can run those through the machine. 

Tonight I have to pick up the cat from the vet.  She was spayed yesterday.  After that I have to meet with someone about the furnace, and then pick up eggs out at the farm.  After that, Nick has requested pancakes for dinner for him and his girlfriend, so I guess I'll make them.  After that, I need to make dinner for Ev and a batch of sloppy jo's to bring to work tomorrow for our holiday carry in.  By that time, I'll probably be ready to sit down!

I really hope my husband got the hint and bought me a small flat screen t.v. for the kitchen.  I would like to be able to have the news on while I'm cooking because that's usually the time the national news is on.  It would also be nice to be able to sit in there and sew with the t.v. playing if I wanted it.  Sometimes when I'm upstairs sewing, the way the room is laid out, I have my back to the t.v. and can't really do more than listen to it.  Or I don't want to even turn it on because Johanna is sleeping in the other room.  And really, if she is sleeping, I don't often go up there to sew at that time.

Don't quite have my shopping done, but I'm really close.  I figure one more trip to Wal Mart and I'll be done.  I hope...

No comments: