Thursday, December 6, 2012

There are days

I work outside the home.  Some days, when I'm at work, it's slow in the office.  Those are the days I really wish I could just bring a sewing machine or a cutting mat and rotary cutter and get some things done that I like to do!

Alas, they do not pay me to quilt...  So I sit at my desk from 8 to 4:30 waiting for the workday to be over so I can go home and quilt.  Which is exactly what I did today.  I was downstairs loading two more quilts (same backing, I ran them one after another again) before Jeopardy! was even over.  By the time Big Bang Theory was finishing up, so was I.  I have one pass to do on the second top, which, by the way, I did not float - I attached it to the rail after the first top was done.  The reason I didn't go ahead and finish was that I needed to fill one more bobbin.  That meant stopping, taking the thread off the machine, winding the bobbin, rethreading the needle - yada yada yada, and quite frankly I had not sat down yet, so I was quite ready to call it a night.  That last pass should go easily, which will leave me with three more tops to quilt. 

I will need to finish putting together the one top yet, but not too worried about it.  Tomorrow I'm leaving work at noon to wait for the washing machine repair person.  You know the drill - they will be at the house between noon and 4, or some other goofy time frame that leaves a person hanging all afternoon.  Sigh.  The washer isn't really broke, it's just a maintenance call that I'm entitled to because I paid for a contract.  Going to get my money's worth.  And I don't think I'm imagining it, but it may have a leak somewhere.  Going to make sure and tell him to check that out.

I made rueben sandwiches tonight for dinner.  Last night it was breaded pork chops.  That took a little more time, but since I had been home all day with the furnace guys, I figured I could at least make a nice dinner.  Tomorrow is probably going to be hamburger helper!  Nothing wrong with that! 

No comments: